- make booking easier for hosts and artists.
- improve host response rates.
- decrease artist errors in reaching out to hosts.
- allow members to track results and learn how we can best improve this process.
- automatically attach artist profile links
- feature most important information
- restrict emails to a length that hosts are more likely to read.
- give hosts easy decision choices and room to add details.
- allow us to track how things are going.
- copy the artist for easy record keeping, and the history is downloadable if you misplace your emails.
Host responses include
- clear subject headers for artists to sort and keep track in their email folders, and a link to the host’s profile
- the original request so that artists see what the host is actually responding to.
- the host email address if the answer is Yes, Maybe, or Not Now so that communication
- can continue independently. A reply of “No” prevents artists from persisting or challenging the host decisions.
This system creates tabs for hosts to organize the artists they’ve looked at. Artists with a Yes or Maybe status allow the host to share a “potential artists” page with their mailing list so that they can book shows with more interest, advance RSVPs, and better turnouts.
Please remember that some hosts actively look at the avails pages to find artists. Be sure to update your profile regularly to make sure that your avails are current and the right hosts can find you.