Month: February 2016
House Concert Lighting Solved
$249 plus shipping from your friends at ConcertsInYourHome.com.
Email Fran via the contact page at ConcertsInYourHome.com, or call 727-280-6208
Fran Snyder at Folk Alliance, 2016
I owe much in terms of thanks to Folk Alliance, a music conference that helped me get traction when I first aimed to serve the house concert community in 2006. Along with occasional stops at regional conferences, my annual weekend visit to FAI is like a fun and exhausting trip to visit family.
And the family is growing.
I really enjoy catching up with past and present members of ConcertsInYourHome, as well as the hundreds of cool acquaintances I’ve made. If we get a chance to meet this weekend, here are just some of the things we can talk about.
ConcertsInYourHome – the largest and most vibrant house concert community on the web. 2000+ events per year, globally.
Listening Room Festival – our 5th annual house concert festival is coming up in March, and we’re about to start accepting artist applications for LRF2017.
House Concerts and Public Listening Rooms – learn how they can work together to grow the audience for live music.
Office Concerts – a wellness program that gets applause. Thrill the team at work with an afternoon shot of culture to rejuvenate their spirits and make them appreciate where they work.
What are you up to?
See you soon.
#FAI2016 #CIYH #LRFest
CIYH Booking Inquiries – Improved
We’ve done a few things to improve the ease with which you can contact hosts at CIYH, by simplifying the form and giving you a little more space to write.
- No more choosing house concert format [HC, DNS, Any]
- No more Key Month – something that sometimes frustrated artists and confused hosts.
- (Potential) Dates section is now free form, with more space.
- We’ve added 75 more characters to the message box. Some of you want tons more text, but we know from experience that you want them to click to your profile ASAP.
- Last and most important… a reminder that your best link (See Profile) is already included in the inquiry. There’s no need to waste text on adding a different website. Let them start at CIYH, where you profile already has outgoing links to your personal website if they want to see or hear more.
Although this will allow you to move more quickly, please be sure to read the host’s booking information before inquiring. I make it clear that I only book 6-8 weeks out, yet many artists still approach me for dates that are 3-6 months away. Please follow directions to make everyone’s experience better.
More improvements soon!