We’re proud to re-launch ListeningRoomNetwork.com. LRN allows us to serve listening rooms of all types, in much the same way we’ve inspired and helped house concerts around the world. Also, it allows our member artists to connect with all of them through one platform, instead of bouncing back and forth from CIYH and LRN.
Which begs the question, at Listening Room Network, what’s the difference between LR venues and house concerts?
(HC) House concerts must
- be private events, not open to the public
- give 100% of door to the artists. Door is a suggested donation, not a charge/ticket.
- (OK should) be in a house, clubhouse or residential looking space.
(LR) venues may
- be public or private
- charge an admission fee or sell advance tickets
- keep a percentage
- be located just about anywhere, but probably not a house.
It’s important to note that we are not trying to cater to all venues. Our mission is to put talented artists in front of listening audiences, and to help touring musicians earn a living wage. Mileage will vary, but we appreciate your input if you find one of our venues is not a good fit.